Yael Schonfeld Abel: Hebrew/English Translator
Yael Schonfeld Abel is an experienced Hebrew/English translator who has been working in the field for about twenty years. She has worked for publishers, leading translation agencies throughout the U.S., and private clients on a wide variety of Hebrew-to-English and English-to-Hebrew translations.
Areas of expertise and services offered include:
- Quick and accurate translation of documents – birth certificates, marriage certificates, including the Ktuba, ID cards, immunization records, report cards and academic certifications, and more
- Business and legal translations – insurance-related documents, leases and other legal contracts, business records and correspondence
- Document analysis – extraction of required information from a document in Hebrew, without needing to translate the entire document
- Language evaluations – analysis of a subject’s level of written or spoken Hebrew, based on a writing sample or a short phone conversation
- Literary translations – I’ve translated over 100 books from English to Hebrew, including fiction by Joyce Carol Oates, Terry McMillan, and Hillary Mantel, as well as a wide variety of non-fiction on topics including psychology, health, spirituality, and more.
- More – medical, academic, pop-culture and religious texts.
Tell me about your text or email it to me, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
My standard rate is 12 cents per English word. Rates may change if your text is handwritten, of poor quality, unusually complex, or if you need a very quick turnaround.
My minimum fee is $30. Payment is accepted by check or PayPal.
Voicemail: (503) 345-0095