Yael Schonfeld Abel: Hebrew/English Translator
Yael Schonfeld Abel is an experienced Hebrew/English translator who has been working in the field for about twenty years. She has worked for publishers, leading translation agencies throughout the U.S., and private clients on a wide variety of Hebrew-to-English and English-to-Hebrew translations.
Areas of expertise and services offered include:
- Literary translations – I’ve worked for both Israeli and American publishers, translating works of fiction by Joyce Carol Oates, Terry McMillan, and Hillary Mantel, as well as a wide variety of non-fiction on topics including psychology, health, spirituality, and more. My translation of Dror Moreh’s The Gatekeepers, based on his Oscar-nominated documentary, was recently published by Skyhorse Publishing, and I’ve translated memoirs, thrillers, SciFi and literary fiction from Hebrew to English.
- Quick and accurate translation of documents – birth certificates, marriage certificates, including the Ktuba, ID cards, immunization records, report cards and academic certifications, and more
- Business and legal translations – insurance-related documents, leases and other legal contracts, business records and correspondence
- Document analysis – extraction of required information from a document in Hebrew, without needing to translate the entire document
- Language evaluations – analysis of a subject’s level of written or spoken Hebrew, based on a writing sample or a short phone conversation
- More – medical, academic, pop-culture and religious texts.
Are you interested in translating your book from Hebrew to English, in order to sell it on Amazon or market it independently as an ebook? A quality translation is an essential part of the process. I can offer the unique expertise of a translator who has worked for both Israeli and American publishers and private clients, and is fluent in both cultures. I can ensure a strong, organic translation that will flow naturally in English and appeal to an English-speaking audience. Contact me with details about your book for a price estimate and a translation sample.
Tell me about your text or email it to me, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
My standard rate is 7 cents per word for full-length manuscripts, and 12 cents per English word for shorter texts.
My minimum fee is $30. Payment is accepted by check or PayPal.