If you still haven’t exhausted the meager supply of free articles which the online version of the New York Times is granting its readers these days, here’s an interesting article about the “Translator Slam” held as part of the PEN World Voices Literary Festival on April 26. The highlight was, without a doubt, the panel on translation of profanities and obscenities, using Adam Mansbach’s notorious “Go the F**k to Sleep” as a case study.
- Maccabees in Space: Celebrate Star Wars and Hanukkah in one fell swoop
- Death of the Author: Israeli writer Amir Gutfreund passes away at age 52
- I shot the Pharaoh – Passover the Bob Marley way
- Welcome a new literary equal-opportunity offender
- The New Online Dictionaries: More Options, Less Paper Cuts